Friday 1 August 2008

My week in a nutshell

When I started this Blog I made myself a promise, and that promise was that I will update at least once a week. As you may have noticed, I haven't updated for over a week. I'm not going to make a habit of this. Basically, my week started well and went downhill, then dropped off a cliff. I saw Batman, it was awesome. I had a few long days at work, not so awesome. And then, sadly, my dog of 13 years was put down because of a cancerous tumour on her spleen. She was greatly loved and will be missed. But I won't dwell on that here.

I have been reading some Blogs and have found some corkers that should be checked out. One is 'The Silly Addiction', which is updated regularly by a writer and all round funny guy from Cracked.com. Seriously, read this. Tim - the guy who writes it - is genuinely hilarious, the Blog is about his commitment to quitting a lifelong addiction to gaming.
The other Blog which you must read is something that I was linked to from 'The Silly Addiction', the Blog is called 'Living in Oblivion', it follows the adventures (or non-adventures as it may be) of a man's journey through the amazing game The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. But not as a questing, adventuring hero, as a funny-looking bald chap named Nondrick. The effort that is put into avoiding adventure and living like a normal NPC is highly amusing, and the whole thing is written so well. Just read it from the start, you'll enjoy it. Especially if you've played Oblivion.

Quite soon I will be starting a journal of life in the Sims 2 for me and my friends. It will consist of me making a family and documenting all the weird shit they do when they aren't being controlled. It's an idea I was given by a guy called Fermun, who has done something very similar (although far funnier than I could manage) on the Juvenile Comedy forums. I'll explain more, closer to the time.

No comments: